Malaysia Property News is a free resource website sharing Daily Property News & information about Property in Malaysia, which related to, Property Market, Property Investment, Commercial Property , Hot Properties Malaysia, Real Estate, Retail Shop, Business Park, Condominium Malaysia, Terraces & Apartment Malaysia, Houses, Residence, Resort and many more.

Friday, August 6, 2010

KL Plaza to re-open as farenheit88

KUALA LUMPUR: The 27-year-old KL Plaza will be opening for business on Sunday after a refurbishment of more than RM100mil.

It will be officially launched next month, mall manager Kuala Lumpur Pavilion Sdn Bhd said.

Its chief executive officer for retail Joyce Yap yesterday unveiled two of the anchor tenants for the former KL Plaza, which has been renamed fahrenheit88, at a press conference.

These are Japan’s top casual wear brand UNIQLO and Malaysia’s Signature IT.

Both of them will be taking up 23,000 sq ft and 75,300 sq ft of space respectively in the mall, which has a net lettable area of about 300,000 sq ft, about a quarter the size of Pavilion KL.

Yap, who will be managing both malls, said there would be more homegrown brands in fahrenheit88.

“Unlike other shopping malls where the average outlet is about 2,000 sq ft, about 50% of the stores in this new mall will be between 200 and 500 sq ft. Many of them will be small and medium-sized businesses,” she said.

Yap, who is also managing Kuala Lumpur Pavilion, said fahrenheit88 would have a different appeal.

Its main target will be those aged between 18 and 35.

UNIQLO is making its debut in Kuala Lumpur after entering into a joint venture with DNP Clothing Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Wing Tai Asia, with a capital of RM18.8mil.

UNIQLO owns 55% while DNP the remaining 45%. The brand entered the Singapore market 18 months ago.

DNP operates more than 50 retails outlets in Malaysia carrying various brands such as Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, Top Man and Top Shop.

UNIQLO managing director Satoshi Onoguchi said there were plans to open more stores in all major cities around the world.

The expansion into Singapore in April last year marked its entry into South-East Asia.

There are currently over 900 stores worldwide.

Fahreheit88 is owned by Makna Mujur Sdn Bhd, which is owned by Pavilion International Development Fund Ltd.

The principal of this fund is Qatar Investment Authority (QIA). QIA also owns 49% of the Pavilion KL shopping mall nearby.

Fahrenheit88, formerly known as KL Plaza, was acquired by Makna Mujur for RM470mil in 2007. KL Plaza was previously owned by the Berjaya group.


No comments: